Like many other organisms, the skin also needs to purify itself from external agents and foods that do not provide an adequate supply of nutrients.
Here are the 8 detox foods that can never be missing in your pantry for a young and healthy skin.
- Lemon: in the morning, on an empty stomach, a glass of lukewarm water with a few drops of lemon promotes the detoxification processes of the liver and intestines. As a result, the skin, which is the mirror of the body, will improve in firmness and brightness.
- Green leafy vegetables: rich in chlorophyll, dietary fiber, water and vitamins, they promote the purification of the body and the elimination of toxins. The water contained in food is very important because it reaches the skin in greater quantities, improving hydration. Moreover, vitamins increase the antioxidant action by fighting free radicals and slowing down the phenomenon of aging.
- Grapes: rich not only in water but also in sugars, mineral salts and vitamins. It has purifying, detoxifying and antioxidant properties perfect for improving the tone of the skin giving it a younger, healthy and bright.
- Oily" fish (salmon or tuna): it is a source of Biotin, a B vitamin that produces fatty acids and metabolizes amino acids (constituents of proteins), fundamental substances for the well-being of the skin. A deficiency of Biotin can cause, in fact, loss of tone and hydration
- Sunflower seeds: they provide the body with large amounts of Vitamin E, which helps counteract the damage caused by free radicals present in the environment and in the body. Excessive free radicals can damage body cells, including skin cells, increasing skin aging processes; the right amount of Vitamin E prevents these phenomena, giving the skin a more youthful appearance.
- Carrots: rich in beta-carotene, from which Vitamin A is derived, are useful for the repair of damages caused by external agents and accelerate metabolic processes of the body and skin.
- Pomegranate: food rich in vitamins, with powerful antioxidant properties. Also rich in Vitamin C, it helps the elimination of toxins and contrasts the damages caused by free radicals. The high concentration of this vitamin increases the production of Collagen fibers making the skin more compact and younger. Moreover pomegranate, as well as broccoli, increases the defenses against damages caused by sun exposure.
- Water: purifying element par excellence, it should never be missing in our diet. Water helps the body to purify itself, to eliminate excess toxins and without it all the other mechanisms of detoxification of the body can not take place.
If you want to feel good and take care of your skin at its best, make sure you always have these foods available, otherwise ... run to the store!